YouTube is the Second Largest Search Engine.
People go straight to YouTube, looking for content. In addition, content on YouTube filters into Google Video Search and Google Video Results on the “All” results page, but YouTube searches themselves are increasingly valuable.
Is your Brand Utilizing YouTube Properly?
YouTube Channels Matter
You definitely need a YouTube Channel, and that Channel should be optimized on your name. When you are uploading videos, you want to make certain that people looking for you find your official page. (Yes you can create multiple YouTube Channels, but how and why you’d do that is a more advanced topic).
Your Name, images, description, all these things matter. Setting up your Brand Account is critical if you want to share access with others, or separate your professional and business life, and you can learn about Brand Accounts from Google, Manage your Brand Account.
YouTube Video Optimization Matters
If you are competing on a competitive generic phrase, you can spend endless hours working on learning SEO both on your website and on YouTube as a platform. For Basics, you want to focus on the core areas of ranking:
- Use the Brand Keyword in the Title
- Compelling Thumbnail and Title that encourages people to click on your video
- Say Your Target Keyword (so it gets transcribed)
- Invite people to comment and subscribe in the video
- Ask People to Subscribe to the channel
- Promote Your Video to get Views (on your Blog, on Twitter, in your Email Signature, everywhere)
YouTube Can and Will Drive Quality Traffic
YouTube gets people looking for entertainment and information. If your video offers either, it’s a great way to promote your brand, and a great way to engage with your customers, clients, and prospects.